King Parrot brings down the Missus

The first time I saw a King Parrot in my garden I actually gasped.  The red head and chest on the male bird is stunning and really stands out against the natural backdrop of green leaves and foliage. Bigger than a lorikeet and much quieter with a shy nature he's my favourite feathered friend who only visits occasionally.



I was amazed at how close he let me come to him with my camera and he happily kept munching the seed bell as I inched closer and closer to him.


A few days later, much to my surprise, he brought his female partner down. These two birds have to be the most colour co-ordinated pair around with his "Queen" adorning the vivid red pantaloons.



No comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Once approved, you will see your comment appear on the site.

Back to Top